Monday 25 August 2014

Outfit post - about changing style almost daily

Happy Modcloth Monday, guys.

Every day I see all these lovely pin up gals on the Internet and especially on Instagram. And I really do envy how committed they are to a style or to vintage but I can't seem to do that. I love vintage dresses and I love swing dresses but then I go on Modcloth and I see shorter lenght dresses in amazing prints and/or colours and styles and I just can't help myself. So my wardrobe is an eclectic and rather confused combination of old and new, short and long, extremely dressy and pretty casual. And especially Bea and Dot dresses have a special place in my wardrobe and in my heart even though the fit seems a little inconsistent. I'm usually an XS but I got a dress that I couldn't even zip up O.o
I seem to have accumulated a lot of B&D dresses especially in the last sale and I even have a few more on my wish list (I have mentioned this dress before I think). I didn't do it on purpose, it was just the dresses I was attracted to.






Dress: Bea & Dot from Modcloth
This is one of the dresses I flirted with for so long but decided not to get as it wasn't very rockabilly or pin up-py. But I am also a practical gal. I really like my clothes to be comfortable and it can be a hassle with huge petticoats and and full skirts, girdles and stockings. So when this went on sale I started wondering why I was trying so hard to be one thing when I clearly didn't really want to be just one thing. I mean when I am so attracted to shorter lenghts and different styles than just the one, why not go with it?





I love the sleeves on this dress. And there's hardly anything that makes me happier than a good novelty print (except of course kittens and nachos) or in this case a novelty embroidery and if you throw in pockets and a sweetheart neckline you have a recipe for love in my case. And add some polkadotted!! tights and a hat? Well, I for one am smiling away on this cloudy Monday.



Hat: Old from H&M
The tights are super cute but sadly I'm tiny (4'11") and they are really long so they so stretch over the day and I have to pull at them. But polka dots and scallops? I will pull all day if I have to, I'm not taking them off.

Polkadot tights: Modcloth Shoes: Also Modcloth
A very lazy summer have made my dresses a little tight around the waist (ahem, better start running again soon) but you can't really tell in this dress though as the waist in on the bottom of my rib cage rather than on my waist. It's not my favourite fit but it's still a really cute dress and I am happy it's in my life ^.^

Hope you're having a lovely Monday, Modcloth or otherwise :)

6 comments:

  1. I love how you change your style all the time and switch it up with different prints and cuts! I think it's really admirable when pin-ups and vintage gals are committed to one era as well, but there are so many cute things that I like and I just can't help myself either! Hehe. Especially love the hat and tights! Really sells the look and you seem like you truly have fun in all your outfits. <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have fun with taking the photos :) It's a nice change from applying for jobs ;)

      Delete
  2. I think you have one of the most adorable collections of vintage/vintage inspired outfits out there-regardless of changing styles!! I also totally relate as sometimes I post outfit pics of shorter lengths or less rockabilly looks and I wonder how well it'll be received. Great post- xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your wardrobe. You don't always have to fit into just one style, it's actually pretty awesome how you own different types of dresses but still style them in your own unique way! I particularly love the pattern on this dress and the addition of the polka dot tights. I, too, love a good novelty print and a sweetheart neckline! And the sleeves are to die for! Why didn't I get this dress again when it went on sale? ;) Looking fabulous!

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely :) I'm so glad I decided to get it. I hate non-buyers remorse >.< It's the worst.

      Delete